Snack Healthy Blog!
With our fast paced life most parent’s after-school hours are generally filled with moving kids between activities and no
time for a leisurely snack time around the kitchen table. You are certainly not alone.
However, it doesn’t mean you have to skip healthy after school snacks for kids. Therefore Instead of depending on fast food drive-through, you can pack these easy snacks instead.
1. Baked Chips - when your kid doesn’t want anything sweet, offer a low calorie, crisp snack in a package instead. Yes, it’s still chips, but at least they are baked & not fried
2. Nutella to Go - I wouldn’t recommend you feed your kids Nutella every day, but if you need to make sure your kids eat a snack, offering this handy dip combo may be the easiest option available.
3. Veggie Sticks - A lot of quick, go-to snacks aren’t necessarily healthy. While these gluten free veggie sticks may not be the exact same as a veggie tray, they are the next best thing you can buy in a bag.
4. Veggies and Dip - If you can find the time, a handful of baby carrots along with a squirt of ranch or scoop of hummus will become a super easy after school snack in one of these containers.
5. Trail Mix - A handful of trail mix can provide fiber, protein and a bit of chocolate—the perfect combination, in my opinion! These are great for dividing up into bags and taking them with you on the go. Use varieties without chocolate to withstand hot temperatures outside if you’ll be in the car awhile.
6. Dried Fruit - looking for healthy after school snacks for kids that won’t leave your child’s whole face and hands sticky? Try the freeze-dried version of fruit instead.
7. Granola Bars - Another mobile-friendly snack are granola bars. If you have kids with allergies, try this allergen-friendly granola bar that is free from gluten, dairy & nuts.
8. Applesauce - Anyone else feel like applesauce is the perfect food? These handy pouches are easy to eat—literally everyone age 1 and up can feed themselves. Plus they are sweet enough for your kid to enjoy but give you peace of mind because they are only filled with fruit. Yum.
9. Omega-3 Snack Pack - These healthy after school snacks for kids are similar to trail mix, but with an Omega-3 twist. Omega-3’s are absolutely vital to a healthy body, and if your child doesn’t love fish they may not be getting enough. A lack of omega-3’s can lead to more inflammation in the body. Balance it by giving your child these snack packs
10. Snaps Snapeas Crisps - Many pretzels and chips can be too crunchy and sharp for younger eaters, but these crispy pea snacks are easy to crunch as they sort of dissolve in a child’s mouth after the initial bite. They are also high in protein and fiber, making them a healthy option when a salty snack is in order.